Medium difficulty – Preparation 40 minutes – Cooking 15 minutes
16 scallops | 150 g of breadcrumbs | Some parsley leaves | A clove of garlic | 2 or 3 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Let’s start by cleaning the scallops. Rinse them under running water and then leave them covered with water and coarse salt for about 15 minutes. To avoid hurting ourselves, we protect the hand with a towel folded several times.
2. We take a scallop and take a small knife with a pointed and very sharp blade. Being very careful, we insert the tip between the two valves, slightly forcing their opening. With the knife we detach from the upper valve (the flat one), the muscle that keeps it tied to the lower one. Now we can easily open the shell. We also detach the mollusk from the concave part by removing the transparent protection, full of sand.
3. We carefully separate the white (walnut) and orange (coral) parts from the black and fiery ones. Rinse the two precious parts thoroughly under running fresh water and let them drain for a quarter of an hour in salted water. Drain and dry them with kitchen paper towels.
4. If we also want to use the shells, wash them for a quarter of an hour in salted boiling water with the addition of bicarbonate. Below, let’s rinse them carefully.
5. We switch on the oven at 200 ° C with static function. We wash and mince the parsley and peel and mince the garlic. Let’s take the breadcrumbs, add the parsley, the garlic and a little extra virgin olive oil.
6. Put the scallops back into their shell, sprinkle them with breadcrumbs, lightly grease them, place them on a baking sheet and bake in a hot oven for ten or fifteen minutes. We serve hot.