Low difficulty – Preparation 15 min. – Cooking 30 min
250 g of flour | A teaspoon and ½ of baking powder | 2 lemons untreated | 2 oranges not
treated | 200 g sugar | 110 g of butter | 2 eggs | 70 g of icing sugar | Salt, to taste
1. In a bowl, sift the flour with yeast. Let’s add a pinch of salt and the grated zest of the citrus fruits.
2. In another very large bowl, we whisk the sugar with the butter softened at room temperature until the mixture appears soft, it will take two to three minutes.
3. We incorporate the eggs, one at a time, add the flour with citrus fruits and, using a spatula, mix the whole.
4. With the help of a spoon, we form with the dough of the balls the size of a walnut and roll them in icing sugar, previously sifted, until covering them altogether.
5. We arrange the balls on a plate lined with parchment paper, distancing them well, and cook them in a preheated oven, at 180 degrees, for 14-15 minutes: i biscuits must not be dark, but it’s okay for them to be cracked on the surface. Let them cool before consuming them and, if they advance, let’s put them in a tin box hermetically sealed.