Easy difficulty – Preparation 15 minutes – Cooking 40 minutes
Ingredients for 2 people
2 potatoes | 2 red onions | Extra virgin olive oil to taste | Salt and Pepper To Taste
What we need: chopping board, pot, oven dish
1. We wash the potatoes and boil them whole in a pan with water for 10 minutes. Drain them, put them on the cutting board and wait a few minutes for them to lose heat.
2. We cut the potatoes, without sinking the blade too much. We make cuts about 3 or 4 mm apart and finish one centimeter from the base of the potato.
3. Peel the onions and cut them into thin slices. We then divide the washers in half, forming half moons.
4. We insert the half moons of onion into the cut cracks of the potatoes, obtaining alternating slices of potato and onion.
5. Push each slice of onion downwards, so that it adheres well to the potato and is not pushed out during cooking.
6. We arrange the stuffed potatoes in a greased baking dish and then season them with pepper and oil. We add salt and cook in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
Watch out for cooking
Before removing the potatoes from the oven, we check that they are cooked well also in the central part. If not, cover them with foil and cook again.
A pinch of spices
We can flavor the dish with sage, rosemary or other fragrant herbs. If we prefer, we can replace the red onion with the white one.