Difficulty easy – Preparation 15 minutes – Cooking 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
300 g of penne | 4 artichokes | A kg of mussels | 4-5 parsley leaves | A clove of garlic | Extra virgin olive oil to taste | Salt to taste
1. Clean the mussels well, washing them under running water and rubbing them to remove all the encrustations. We also eliminate the bysses, that is, the filaments that the mussels use to attach themselves to the rocks. If desired, we can buy them already cleaned or have them cleaned directly in the fish shop, in this way, we will save time and effort.
2. We discard the mussels that are open and put all the others in a pan with a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil. We cover with a lid and put on a high flame, letting all the mussels open (it will take about 4-5 minutes).
3. Turn off the heat and remove the mussels that have remained closed. We deprive the open ones of the valve without mollusk.
4. Aside, we browse the artichokes and cut them into wedges, eliminating any white hair. As we cut them, soak them in water with a few drops of lemon juice, to prevent them from blackening.
5. In a non-stick pan, put a drizzle of oil, artichokes and garlic. We heat over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, then add the mussels and turn off the heat.
6. Meanwhile, we boil water in a saucepan, add salt and add the pasta. Drain it al dente, toss it in the pan with the artichokes and mussels and bring to the table.