Preparation: 10 min – Difficulty: Easy – Cooking: 75 min
4 medium potatoes | 5 slices of speck | 150 ml cream | 50 ml of vegetable broth | 15 g of fresh coriander half | A clove of garlic | 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil | Salt to taste.
1. Sometimes it is possible to make an appetizing appetizer even with simple ingredients, close at hand and … in the wallet. This is the case with these greedy potato nests.
2. First wash the potatoes well and make a few holes with the help of a fork. Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour, or until the peel begins to crack. Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and, being careful not to burn them, divide them in half with a knife.
3. Empty them while still hot, taking care to leave a little pulp attached to the skin: in this way you will not risk breaking them when filling them.
4. Keep the pulp aside. Wash and dry the coriander thoroughly with kitchen paper and finely chop it. In a pan heat the oil and sauté the speck cut into thin strips. With a fork or a potato masher, reduce the pulp to puree: add the speck and chopped coriander to the pan.
5. After a few minutes add the cream, the broth and mix everything together. Generously fill the potato nests with the mixture and bake again for another ten minutes, until a light browning is obtained on the surface of the nests. Serve hot with the addition of a sprinkling of chopped fresh coriander.