Preparation: 10 min – Difficulty: Easy – Cooking: 35/40 min
150 g of red lentils | A Tropea onion | 15 g of fresh coriander and a few sprigs for decoration | A teaspoon of coriander powder | 60 g of butter | 500 g of vegetable broth | 25 g of almonds | 25 g of cashews | A spoonful of paprika
1. This soft and tasty lentil cream, once prepared for the first time, will not leave your kitchen so easily, also because the recipe lends itself to many interesting variations. For a more sparkling flavor you can add a teaspoon of ginger powder, for a more decisive choose the chopped chilli pepper instead. To begin, wash, peel and finely chop the onion.
2. Leave to brown in a pan with half the butter, stirring often and wetting with a few tablespoons of broth so as not to burn it. Add the red lentils and immediately after the rest of the broth.
3. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils have become soft. Season with salt and drain, taking care to keep the cooking broth aside. In a pan, melt the remaining butter and toast the almonds and cashews.
4. Choose the coriander leaves by discarding the stalks and wash them thoroughly. Dry them with kitchen paper and put them in a mixer together with the lentils, almonds, cashews and coriander powder. Chop until soft cream, adding, if needed, a few tablespoons of cooking lentil broth.
6. Serve in bowls garnished with fresh vegetables cut into thin strips.