Difficulty: Medium – Preparation: 50 min
For the dough: 350 g of flour 00 | 70 g of spinach cooked and squeezed | 2 eggs | Salt to taste.
For the stuffing: 2 eggs | 400 g of sweet gorgonzola cheese | Parsley, to taste | Salt and Pepper, to taste.
To complete: One yolk | Extra virgin olive oil to taste | Sesame seeds, to taste.
1. Let’s pass the spinach through a vegetable mill. Let’s mix them with flour, eggs and a pinch of salt. If needed, add a drop of water.
2. Once you have obtained a dough, let’s transfer it to the pastry board and work it until it is smooth. Let’s wrap it in film and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a bowl, break the eggs and mix them to a tablespoon of chopped parsley, a pinch of pepper and gorgonzola. We mix and, if necessary, we correct of salt.
4. Let’s pick up the dough, divide it in half and roll out each loaf into a very thin sheet. Let’s give the puff pastry shape of a rectangle. Brush with oil there first and overlap the second.
5. Pour the cheese filling in the center and spread it over surface. To close it, let’s roll it up or, with a
cutter wheel, we make oblique cuts on the sides and, from above, overlap them, covering the dough.
6. We lay the strudel on a baking sheet with parchment paper, brush it with the yolk, sprinkle with the
sesame seeds and bake in the oven at 180 degrees, for about 30 minutes.