Difficulty Difficult – Preparation 70 minutes – Cooking 35 minutes
Ingredients for 8 people
For the frangipani: 75 g of toasted almonds 75 g of granulated sugar 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil | An egg
For the custard: 250 g of whole milk 2 yolks | 75 g of sugar | 25 g of corn starch |
Half vanilla bean salt
For the shortcrust pastry: 500 g of flour 0 | 200 g of sugar | 200 ml of extra virgin
olive oil | 2 eggs and salt
For the decoration: 10 white grape berries | 10 black grapes | Flaked almonds to taste
1. For the pastry: we blend oil and sugar, combine the eggs and flour with a pinch of salt. As soon as a ball has formed, we transfer the dough to the work surface, form a dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least two hours.
2. For the frangipani: blend the almonds with the sugar and reduce them to powder, add the egg and oil. Another round of whisk and we get a soft mixture.
3. For the cream: bring the milk to the boiling point and, in a bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar, scrape the half of the vanilla pod and the starch. Once the frame is obtained, pour the hot milk on the mixture, mix with a whisk to avoid lumps. Put on the heat over low heat and, stirring constantly, cook the cream, about 15 minutes, until it thickens.
4. Leave to cool for 30 minutes, covering the cream surface with cling film. We will avoid the annoying cuticle. We wait for the cream to cool down, join the frangipani and mix well.
5. Roll out the pastry and line a 28 cm diameter cake tin. We pierce the bottom, cover with a sheet of parchment paper, pour over dried legumes and cook at 180 ° for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the legumes and cook for another 5 minutes. When golden brown, let it cool.
7. Pour the custard and frangipani into the shortcrust pastry box, decorate the grape seeds with grapes and sprinkle the surface with a spoonful of almonds.