Medium difficulty – Preparation 30 min. – Cooking 20 min.
Ingredients for 8-10 people
600 g of puff pastry in one piece
For the eggnog cream: 500 g of mascarpone | An untreated orange | A glass of Marsala (or Porto) | 8 yolks | 180 g of sugar
For the royal icing: An egg white | 150 g of icing sugar | A spoonful of juice lemon
To garnish: 350 g of fruit to taste | 125 g of powdered sugar | Dark chocolate
1. In a saucepan, we cook the marsala over moderate heat until will not have reduced by half. In the meantime, we mount yolks and sugar at maximum speed. When the compound becomes foamy, we reduce speed and we incorporate the mascarpone cheese.
2. Keep stirring until when the compound takes on a light color. At this point, let’s join the grated zest of an orange and the reduction to the cold liquor. We mix well. Let’s put the cream in the piping bag.
3. We roll out the dough into a sheet very thin with the help of a rolling pin and we get 4 disks of the same size (about 18 cm). Let’s prick them with the prongs of one fork, to prevent it in the oven
I swell too much, and let’s arrange them in two non-stick trays.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes. We take it out of the oven and let it cool. With the help of a sieve, sprinkle the surface with sugar icing. Let’s caramelize with a
5. In a bowl, whisk the egg white and join, little by little, it sifted icing sugar and juice lemon. We wash the fruit and cut it into small pieces. We cut the circles in half puff pastry and let’s start stuffing them.
6. On a serving plate, we have layered puff pastry caramelized, the zabaglione cream (which we had put in the piping bag) and fruit. We cover with the ice and garnish with some fruit of forest and chocolate chips.