Medium difficulty Preparation 10 min. Cooking 10 min.
Ingredients for 4 people
48 large anchovies | 4 slices of mortadella 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese A clove of garlic A sprig of parsley 2 eggs | 300 g of tomato sauce Basil to taste | Flour to taste | Peanut oil to taste | Salt and Pepper To Taste.
1. Thoroughly clean the anchovies, first removing the head, then the central bone and the viscera. Gently open them in a book, wash them and dry them well, without wringing them out.
2. Put the parsley and garlic in the robot, chop well and add the mortadella and eight anchovies. Let’s blend a little more, in order to obtain a not too fine compound. We combine the Parmesan, salt, pepper and eggs, and mix.
3. Spread the mixture on one half of the anchovy and cover with the remaining half, applying light pressure, so that the two parts come together well. We repeat the procedure for all the other anchovies.
4. Pass them one by one in the flour and fry them in abundant peanut oil at 170 degrees. Turn them over from time to time, so that they cook evenly on both sides.
5. When they are golden brown, remove them from the oil, using kitchen tongs, and drain them on a sheet of absorbent paper.
6. Transfer them gently to a pan where we will have heated the tomato sauce with the basil. Let’s keep them cooking until the sauce shrinks. Let’s bring them to the table warm.