Difficulty Easy – Preparation 10 min. – Cooking 25 min.
Ingredients for 4 people
500 g potatoes | 2 sage leaves | A clove of garlic A thick slice of seasoned bacon | A spoonful of tomato extract Extra virgin olive oil to taste | Salt and black pepper to tasteIngredienti per 4 persone
1. We wash the potatoes and check that they have no sprouts: they are toxic and must be eliminated, digging for more than an inch of depth. We peel the potatoes and cut them into coarse pieces, about 4-5 centimeters on each side. In order not to blacken them, dip them in a bowl filled with cold water.
2. Peel the garlic and cut it into large pieces. We wash the sage and dry it well. We roughly chop the bacon.
3. In a saucepan, heat two tablespoons of oil and add the garlic, bacon and sage (well dry, otherwise the oil will splash everywhere).
4. On medium-low heat, melt the bacon and add the potatoes. Stir gently and cook slowly, so that the potatoes turn over without breaking. This will form a crispy crust on the potato cubes.
5. We go up slightly, taking into account the flavor of the seasoned bacon. We dilute the tomato extract in a cup full of hot water and pour it over the potatoes.
6. We cover with a lid and cook, until the potatoes are not easily penetrated by the tip of a knife. The cooking time is about a quarter of an hour.
7. When cooked, add a generous amount of black pepper. We lay the potatoes on a serving plate and serve them on the table.