Medium difficulty – Preparation 10 minutes – Cooking 15 minutes
Ingredients for 6 people
500 g of bechamel | 100 g of gruyere | 3 egg whites | 3 yolks | Salt q.b.
For bechamel (500 g) 420 g of whole milk | 40 g of butter | 40 g of flour (or starch
potatoes) | Nutmeg to taste | Salt q.b.
Bechamel preparation: We heat the milk together with a pinch of salt and a dusting nutmeg. Apart from, in a saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour (or potato starch) turning quickly with a whisk from kitchen to prevent them from forming lumps. We add the milk and cook for another 10 minutes, continuing to turn to avoid lumps, until the sauce does not will have thickened sufficiently.
1. Mount the egg whites, if possible using an electric whisk. To facilitate the process, we can add a pinch of salt or sugar. For a better result, also, it is good that the egg whites are a room temperature. Let’s stop before they are completely mounted.
2. Let’s extract the bechamel already ready from the fridge, prepared following the recipe indicated in box a side. Using the mixer, in a second bowl, mix it with egg yolks and cheese. We complete the operation with a kitchen spatula.
3. Let’s add the egg whites and mix gently From the bottom to the top.
4. We butter six individual molds in ceramic suitable for the oven (also called “baking cups”) and let’s pour it inside the compound.
5. We put in the static oven already hot, at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. So, let’s lower the temperature at 160 degrees and cook again for about 15 minutes, until the soufflé they will not be well swollen and golden.