Medium difficulty – Preparation 10 minutes – Cooking 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
4 thin slices of veal | 250 g of veal ground | 4 slices of lard | An onion | 2 tomatoes | 150 g of bacon smoked | 400 ml of white wine | Vegetable broth | Extra virgin olive oil q.b. | 40 g of butter | 400 g of mushrooms champignon | A sprig of thyme | Coarse salt q.b. | Black pepper
1. Peel the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces. Meantime we put the meat in a bowl ground and season it with salt and pepper. We spread the slices of lard on a cutting board and let’s get ready on top of the veal slices.
2. We make four balls with the minced meat and arrange them at the center of each slice of calf. We roll up the lard and the slices around the minced meat and we make bundles. Close with kitchen string.
3. In a pan we put a some oil, a knob of butter (leave it a little bit because there serve later) and chopped onion with washers. Let’s brown slightly and then add the diced bacon.
4. Add the bites of meat and brown them for some minute. We regulate salt. When they are well colored, we pour the white wine and let’s wait you evaporate. We put in the pan also tomatoes cut into cubes and thyme.
5. These bundles need long cooking (approx 20-30 minutes), then we add even a little vegetable broth. In the meantime, let’s clean the champignons, cut them into slices and sauté them in a pan with a little of oil and the remaining butter.
6. We season immediately with a pinch of salt, in order to make get out the water that favors it
cooking. When the tidbits are ready, add the mushrooms and let it go for another little on the fire, to mix good flavors. Before serving them, we remove the string.