Difficulty Easy – Ready in 30 min.
A chicken breast of about 500 g | 4 slices of fresh scamorza | Marjoram to taste | 2 eggs | 200 g of corn flakes | Peanut oil for frying to taste
To serve: 50 g of fresh shelled peas | 50 g of new spinach | 50 g of lamb’s lettuce | 170 g of Greek yogurt | A teaspoon of turmeric | ½ lemon | A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar | Mixed edible flowers | Salt and Pepper To Taste.
What we need: Sharp knife, meat tenderizer, container, bowl, pan, absorbent paper, grater
1. We cut the chicken breast so as to obtain eight slices about half a centimeter thick. To avoid differences, it will be sufficient to equalize them a little with the meat tenderizer.
2. The stringy filling. We cover four of these with a couple of slices of scamorza cheese, not too thick, and we perfume the filling of our cutlet with some leaves of marjoram.
3. Super crunchy breading. We close to sandwich overlapping the remaining slices of chicken. We pass each cutlet first in the beaten egg and then in the crumbled corn flakes, pressing with the hands to make them adhere.
4. We heat a pan with plenty of seed oil. When the latter reaches temperature, we fry the cutlets, turning them halfway through cooking. Then drain them and place them on paper towels.
5. In the meantime, wash the vegetables and arrange them on a serving dish: first make a bed with lamb’s lettuce and young spinach leaves, finally spread the raw peas here and there.
6. The sauce to accompany. In a bowl, we mix Greek yogurt vigorously with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, a pinch of salt and one of pepper. We add more yogurt to firm up the sauce.
7. We scallop our chicken cutlets and lay them on the bed of vegetables. Serve them together with tufts of turmeric sauce, scattered here and there on the plate. At pleasure, we complete with some flowers to give more color.
With a crunchy breading and stringy filling, they are my daughter Anita’s favorites. My wife Laura always prepares them for her
- A tip of home economics: buy the chicken breast whole, because the already sliced one costs more. To slice it more easily, just leave it in the freezer just enough to make it a little harder than normal, in order to facilitate the work with the knife.
- These cutlets are also good cooked in the oven, just place them on parchment paper greased with a drizzle of oil.
- In spring we use raw peas: they are crunchy and delicious.
- Black pepper enhances the flavor of turmeric: better to abound with this ingredient in making the sauce.
The sommelier recommends
The Greco di Tufo is a Campania DOCG that is produced in the province of Avellino, a territory that nourishes internationally renowned vines. The one in question is a wine with a flavor and a freshness that balance the filling cheese and with a pleasant olfactory persistence, which accompanies the meal until the last bite.