Difficulty Easy – Ready in 60 min.
8 courgettes | 2 mozzarella | Extra virgin olive oil to taste
For the breading: 200 g of wholemeal breadcrumbs | Oregano to taste | 200 g of foil corn flour
For the sauce: One onion | 700 g of tomatoes (or passata tomato) | Extra virgin olive oil to taste | Salt and Pepper To Taste.
What we need: Pot, steamer, baking tray, parchment paper, bowl, oven dish
1. The tomato sauce. We prepare a tomato sauce in the classic way. Finely chop the onion, sauté it in oil, add the tomatoes in pieces (or passata), season with salt and pepper and cook.
2. Steam cooking. Clean the courgettes, wash them and slice them lengthwise, in order to obtain slices about half a centimeter thick. Place them in the steamer and cook them for about ten minutes.
3. Tasty breading. We mix the breadcrumbs and the cornmeal in a bowl. We flavor with oregano. We pass the zucchini in this breading. Thanks to the humidity of the steaming, it will not be necessary to use the egg to bread them.
4. A little in the oven. To make them more tasty and crunchy, we arrange the slices of courgette in a pan lined with parchment paper and bake them for about ten minutes, at 180 degrees, adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
5. Cut the mozzarella into slices and proceed with the composition of our Parmesan. We place a first layer of breaded courgettes on the bottom of the lightly greased dish. We cover with the tomato sauce.
6. Stringy cheese. We will make with mozzarella slices and cover with other courgettes. We continue in this order to create another layer and finish with the sauce. We bake the Parmesan at 160 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I revisited a recipe from the Campania tradition to make it lighter and healthier. But don’t be alarmed, the taste is guaranteed!