Difficulty LOW – Preparation 20 MINUTES – Rest 15 MINUTES – Cooking 15 MINUTES
Ingredients for 6 people
For the pastry: 250 g of flour | 200 g of fresh cream | A teaspoon of yeast for savory pies | Salt to taste.
For the filling: 300 g of cabbage | 90 g of thinly sliced speck | A spoonful of flour | A small onion | Cumin to taste | Juniper Berries to taste | Extra virgin olive oil to taste
To decorate the crescents: | 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds | An egg | For the fontina sauce | A teaspoon of rice flour | 50 g of butter | 130 g of milk | 100 g of fontina | Pepper as needed.
1. Pour the sifted flour, salt and baking powder into the food processor container. We add a little cream and start the robot. We work the dough, continuing to add the cream a little at a time.
2. The amount of cream depends on the moisture of the flour, so it may not even be necessary to add it all. Let’s stop when the mixture starts to compact, forming a ball. We wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the cabbage into thin slices, wash it and put it in a bowl, leaving it a little damp. Add a tablespoon of flour, mix with your hands and set aside. In a pan, stew the onion with a little extra virgin olive oil.
4. When the onion is soft, add the cabbage. Season with cumin and juniper berries. As soon as the cabbage starts to wilt, add the speck and continue cooking for a few minutes. We transfer the filling to a bowl and let it cool.
5. Cut the radicchio into julienne strips and boil them for a few minutes to remove their characteristic bitter taste. Then, sauté it in a pan with a drizzle of oil, to make it crispy.
6. As the crescents are ready, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush them with a beaten egg and sprinkle the surface with the sliced almonds. We cook in the oven, for about ten minutes, at 200 degrees.
7. In a saucepan, pour the milk and rice flour. We mix with the whisk to mix well. We put on the fire and add the butter, continuing to stir to avoid the formation of lumps. When the butter has melted, add the diced fontina.
8. Immediately turn off the heat and continue stirring to melt the cheese completely. We sift the cream, season it with freshly ground pepper and serve it warm, as an accompaniment for the crescents.