Medium difficulty – Ready in 40 min. + 8 hours of rest
An octopus weighing about 1.6 kg | An onion | 2 stalks of celery | A carrot | 2 cloves of garlic | 2 bay leaves | A ginger root Parsley | A lemon | Extra virgin olive oil | A glass of wine | Balsamic vinegar | Salt and pepper
To garnish: A pepper | 200 g of green beans
1. We boil the octopus for about 30 minutes in a pressure cooker, in plenty of water with a glass of wine, an onion, a celery stick, a carrot, two cloves of garlic, a few leaves of parsley and bay leaf.
2. Drain the octopus, let it cool down and, gently passing it with a small knife, we eliminate the dark skin as much as possible, leaving the suckers intact. We detach the bag and divide the tentacles.
3. Place the bag and tentacles on a tea towel, sprinkle with salt and ginger, and a few drops of lemon, then wrap it in a compact cylinder. We tighten well and close the two ends, with string, like candy. Let’s put it in the refrigerator for at least eight hours.
4. When serving, cut the salami into very thin slices and place it on a serving plate. Season it with salt, pepper, chopped parsley, and complete with a drizzle of oil and, if desired, a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
5. Cut the diced peppers and blanch them. We also blanch green beans. We accompany the carpaccio with vegetables.