Difficulty: Medium – Preparation: 15 min – Cooking: 25 min
300 g of rice Carnaroli | 500 g of mussels | 500 g of clams | Half a liter of broth fish (cartoon) | A bunch of parsley | Red chili pepper to taste | A clove of garlic | A small onion | Extra virgin olive oil of olive | Salt
1. We scrape the mussels, wash them carefully and we eliminate the fine linen, pulling it downward. We soak the clams in cold water salted and keep them until moment of use, therefore let’s beat them one by one, for verify that they are not there molluscs full of sand.
2. In a large pan we heat a drizzle of oil with it clove of garlic and a pinch of chilli. After about 2 minutes, we remove the garlic and add the mussels and clams. We mix, we cover and we leave the molluscs open
for at least 2 minutes.
3. We filter the liquid and slip out most molluscs, leaving them whole some to decorate the preparation.
4. Let’s warm up a spoonful of oil in one casserole with chopped onion. Let stew for 3 minutes, then add the rice and toast it for 2 minutes, a lively flame.
5. We bathe with the broth boiling up to cover the rice, let’s go up slightly and bring to a boil. So let’s lower the flame and let it simmer.
6. We cook the rice for 15 minutes, stirring a lot occasionally and adding a little broth, little by little
that cooking proceeds: rice it must never be dry. Even at the end, the preparation will have to be well presented wet.
7. At the end of cooking, we cover the rice with a lid and let it rest for about 2-3 minutes.
8. Finally, let’s transfer it in a serving dish, sprinkle with a little chopped parsley and bring
on the table.