Difficulty: Medium – Preparation: 60 min. + rest
200 g of butter | 300 g of sugar | 180 g of shelled walnuts | 75 g of toasted hazelnuts | 250 g of eggs whole (about 4) | The zest of 2 oranges | 110 g of cubed candied orange | 50 g of starch | 50 g of flour | A low teaspoon of salt | 3.5 g baking powder For the ganache: 100 g of milk | 100 g of cream | 400 g milk chocolate To decorate: Kernels of walnuts | Candied orange cubes | Powdered sugar
1. Whip the butter soft with sugar and zest orange. After 5 minutes we add the salt, dissolved in a teaspoon of water. Therefore we incorporate the eggs, little by little, continuing to mount.
2. We mince nuts and hazelnuts in order to obtain a powder. In a separate bowl we mix the flour with the baking powder and the starch, then we combine this mixture of raw dried fruit flour powders. We incorporate everything to the whipped butter and eggs, mixing gently with a spatula.
3. We transfer the made in a buttered pan and floured 26 cm in diameter. We arrange over the candied fruit and level with the spatula, covering them slightly of dough.
4. We bake for 40 minutes at 175 °. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes, so let’s flip it over a sheet of parchment paper, in order to obtain a flat and perfect surface, and let it cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, let’s prepare the ganache. We heat the milk and cream, then let’s combine the chocolate mixture already melted. We mix well and leave cool down. We transfer to a bag from pastry chef. 6. We decorate the surface of the cake creating a sugar disc in the center and twirls of ganache on the perimeter, on which to place kernels of walnuts and candied orange cubes.